Happy hump day! I hope everyone is having a great week.
This momma can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We are about 95% potty trained (yes, I need to leave a 5% margin of error). I will soon write a post on what did and didn’t work for my little boy!
I wanted to introduce you to my new go to meal…Taco Bowls.
Taco bowls have become a popular menu item that I fix for two reasons:
- Its super fast to make, 20 minutes at most.
- Because it’s extremely cheap to fix. I can’t always budget in a meat for every meal, these taco bowls don’t need a meat at all, you just let the beans take the place of a meat.
Your taco bowl can include all your favorite toppings on a base of white rice.
Today our toppings included:
- Canned black beans (drained)
- Canned corn (drained)
- My favorite cheese dip from the grocery store
- My avocado ranch dressing (recipe below)
Cook your rice as directed and warm up the veggies and you’re done!
For me the avocado ranch dressing is the star. I could put this on everything. It makes the rice in our taco bowls so flavorful and creamy. Of course the bad thing about anything avocado is it can’t stick around long, the dressing will last about 12 hours. Good news is that it’s so easy to make more!
Avocado Ranch DressingAvocado Ranch Dressing
- 2 1/2 teaspoons powder ranch dressing mix
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 avocado
I mixed it all together in my emulsion blender!
And there you have it, pure goodness in a bowl! Happy Cooking!